Eberle Marine Surveys
Why Choose Rob Eberle For Your Next Survey?
- EXPERIENCE: With over 40 years of professional experience in the operation, repair, construction and survey of yachts and small craft, Rob Eberle provides the practical knowledge you can count on for a first-class inspection, both power and sail.
- DETAILED REPORTS: Custom narrative reports spell out every finding of the survey in understandable language. Photographs are provided in each report. Recommended repairs and practical suggestions to improve a vessel’s safety and comfort are included along with an objective estimate of fair market value.
- STANDARDS: Each survey checks for major safety and equipment standards set forth by the American Boat & Yacht Council, National Fire Protection Agency and U.S. Coast Guard.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE: Rob is a full-time surveyor who will handle your marine survey in an expeditious, cost-effective and professional manner.
- PRE-PURCHASE SPECIALIST: When you’re buying, Rob poses no time limits for an onboard inspection, taking the time needed to probe and test almost every facet of a vessel. The result is an uncompromised, first-class inspection.
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: After survey, Rob will advise if your boat is a good long-term investment and give an idea of what will be required to make it safe and sound.
INSPECTIONS WE PROVIDE:
Pre-purchase, insurance renewal and refinancing surveys for diesel and outboard motor powered fiberglass and aluminum sail and power vessels to 120-feet.
Pre-purchase inspections typically include:
- Structural analysis of hull and decks with percussive testing.
- Osmotic blistering evaluation.
- Moisture metering. Infrared temperature readings.
- Trial run with performance evaluations including full-load rpm engine testing, noise and vibration, generator load-testing, electronics performance, rig tune, stabilizer, steering and trim tab operation.
- Rigging, sails and canvas evaluation at deck level.
- Rigging load dispersion and lightning protection systems evaluation.
- Propane system leak testing.
- Testing of low and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Bonding (corrosion prevention) system resistance checks.
- Air-conditioning and heating system efficiency testing.
- Evaluation of plumbing equipment and bilge pump operation.
- Steering system and autopilot operation.
- Propellers target tested for balance.
- Shafts supported in struts dial indicated to check for bending.
- Domestic equipment testing.
- Sanitation system compliance checks.
- Evaluation and testing of ondeck gear: winches, windlass, ground tackle.
- Fire-fighting and safety equipment compliance checks.
CALL FOR A FREE QUOTATION AND SAMPLE SURVEY
Please provide all pertinent information including type of survey, length of vessel, make or model, year of manufacture and location of survey.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND & CREDENTIALS:
- SAMS accredited surveyor since 1995 specializing in Yachts & Small Craft
- 100 Ton USCG licensed captain 1972-2012
- 80,000 ocean miles in small craft including four Trans-Atlantic crossings
- Vice-President Colgate Offshore Sailing School 1981-1986
- Yacht and delivery captain 1976-1981
- ECTI diesel technician training 1985 (Mack Boring, NJ)
Click to view surveyor listing on The Marine Surveyor Marketplace
Rob Eberle, SAMS® AMS®
Accredited Marine Surveyor
Yacht Survey Specialist Since 1988
Better Business Bureau Rating A+
Eberle Marine Surveys
1310 National Ave.,
New Bern, North Carolina 28560
Serving central coastal North Carolina